Results 1 to 2 of 2
Video tutorial claims success in PS3 v3.55 firmware downgrade plus Tutorial
OK so a new video tutorial has surfaced which claims reproducible success in downgrading PS3 firmware v3.55. The video can be seen in full below. And for those wondering, the last reported 'downgrade' method wasn't suitable for all PS3 owners
well heres the tut
Downgrade from 3.55 to 3.41 and Earlier
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DOWNGRADE A PS3 SLIM USING THIS METHOD! YOU WILL BRICK.
I accept no responsibility for anything that may occur to your PS3 after following any of these directions. Do so at your own risk. This has been tested and works on a launch model PS3 Fat.
I highly recommend you back up your flash to prevent loss of blu-ray playback.
Downgrade.rar (167.07 MB) Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
Lv2diag_355.zip (539.48 KB)Lv2diag_355.zip
PSGRADE - All Dongle Hex's - **UPDATED**
You must downgrade from 3.55 to 3.41 before downgrading to another firmware.
1) Fully power down the PS3 Fat (toggle the power switch)
2) Restore power to the PS3 Fat
3) Format a USB drive with the Fat32 filesystem
4) Open Lv2diag_355.zip and copy the file from the File1 folder (Lv2diag.self) to the root of the USB drive
5) Copy PS3UPDAT.PUP from Downgrade.zip to the root of the USB drive
6) Insert your payload device with PSGrade into the USB port closest to the Blu-Ray drive. Power on the PS3.
7) The PS3 should start up in service mode. Power it down with a controller.
8) Remove your payload device, and insert the USB drive into the same port. Power on the PS3
9) The PS3 will downgrade, and then automatically turn itself off. Nothing will appear on your TV.
10) Power your PS3 back on, and you should still be in service mode. From here, you can now downgrade to earlier firmwares.
To return your PS3 to normal retail functions, shut down your PS3 using the controller. Then, repeat steps 3-4 using the Lv2diag.self from the File2 folder instead. Then, repeat step 8.
source Downgrade from 3.55 to 3.41 and Earlier
Re: Video tutorial claims success in PS3 v3.55 firmware downgrade
it looks real to me
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)