welcome to Game-Tuts.com - Register
Register for free to remove these ads!
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Basic Member
    Thanks

Default Re: [Release] WillowTree - a Borderlands save editor

Quote Originally Posted by GetTo D Choppa View Post
    hey vette post it man i want to use it
    I'm just tweaking it a little further. I'm going to try something, that if it works will be insane.

Advanced Member
    Thanks

Next version = almost done:

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to XanderChaos For This Useful Post:

VIP
    Tecumseh, Michigan, United States, 108235592537064, Tecumseh, Michigan
    Thanks
    Gamertag
    MowMdown

Quote Originally Posted by XanderChaos View Post
    Next version = almost done:

OMG thats SEXY :)

Whats left to complete?

ok nub question... what are all the #'ed file looking things at the end of the Weapon parts? the first three are usually single digits

AIM: MowMdown360

5. The Following User Says Thank You to torrented For This Useful Post:

VIP
    Thanks

You mean the ones like:

I forget what the first and third do but the middle is weapon level. To change a weapon to level 48 you change the second number to five.

I can't stop him, his background music is too strong for me!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Neith For This Useful Post:

Basic Member
    Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y3QkAKmAhU

that's what the guns I've put together did a few tweaks ago.
    the shotgun is valued at just under $3million, and it's up to a x28.

I can probably get the guns up to a x50 but it would deal such a low amount of damage it wouldn't be effective, but it'd still be cool to see.

weapon codes once I finish it all up in a bit

EDIT- ok, a x52 shotgun with the big mongol barrel = 150 rockets lighting up the sky. the ENTIRE screen fills with rockets, and if you fire it off twice in too short a span the game crashes.

EDIT- while online, the gun doesn't crash your console... no, it crashes the hosts. get kicked for being a level 50, send them a message and while they're reading it sneak into the room fire off a couple shots and they're gone. hahah this is great

9. The Following User Says Thank You to vettefan88 For This Useful Post:

Registered Sex Offender
    Thanks
    Gamertag
    Ix JADO xI

Holy fucking shit.You could kill an army with one shot.What's the scope you used on the sotgun??

VIP
    Thanks

Thanks so much for this XanderChaos, it's exactly the kind of thing I was looking for!

Quote Originally Posted by vettefan88 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y3QkAKmAhU

that's what the guns I've put together did a few tweaks ago.
    the shotgun is valued at just under $3million, and it's up to a x28.

I can probably get the guns up to a x50 but it would deal such a low amount of damage it wouldn't be effective, but it'd still be cool to see.

weapon codes once I finish it all up in a bit

EDIT- ok, a x52 shotgun with the big mongol barrel = 150 rockets lighting up the sky. the ENTIRE screen fills with rockets, and if you fire it off twice in too short a span the game crashes.

EDIT- while online, the gun doesn't crash your console... no, it crashes the hosts. get kicked for being a level 50, send them a message and while they're reading it sneak into the room fire off a couple shots and they're gone. hahah this is great
    Holy wowey meganess!!!!
    I can't wait to give modding Borderlands a good try.

VIP
    Thanks

Unhappy Re: [Release] WillowTree - a Borderlands save editor

Quote Originally Posted by vettefan88 View Post
    while online, the gun...crashes the hosts. get kicked for being a level 50, send them a message and while they're reading it sneak into the room fire off a couple shots and they're gone. hahah this is great
    As far as I know, vettefan88 (qtd, above) handled this perfectly --

Standard "This isn't about vettefan88, his quote just reminded me of something" Disclaimer continues below. (collapsed for space.)

Spoiler:
    -- ie, he discovered something that was potentially annoying/exploitative online, tested/confirmed it, published his findings so others could know about it, and then (hopefully?) quit using that particular mod against unsuspecting/unconsenting gamers.... (not counting those first couple of "test cases," naturally, hehe)

Just making sure he (and everyone else) knows I'm not (by quoting him) trying to suggestion he did (or would do) anything douchebaggerish; see discussion of said douchebaggery, below.

But -- and this is mostly off-topic and entirely biased/opinionated, so I'll be brief -- I *really* hope this kind of stuff (host-booting via weapon mods, or anything else that falls under the "douchebaggery" banner) doesn't become the primary use for WT, or commonplace online (at least when playing with random groups of people).

I just rented Borderlands like 2 days ago, and it's a lot of fun. But the game is so much better (as seems to be my opinion with most games theses days) when the player experience is easily augmented (via mods, etc) by "splicing in" creative aspects of the gamer, inventions/discoveries shared by friends, etc.

This is (IMO) makes the *entire* case for modding --

Another needless aside collapsed for the sake of humanity:
    Spoiler:

-- from "why people should mod" all the way to "why Microsoft/developers shouldn't be so afraid of gamesave modders," when (for the most part) all they do is add to title's replay value. The Xbox equivelant of PB&J, there's just no substitute for a great, open-world game, combined with an excellent tool (or set of tools!) that allow you to effortlessly bend the game-world on a whim, with a bare minimum of grunt-work.

Blah blah blah, so my point was what, exactly? Well, it seems obvious that somehwere around halfway through this post I must have realized I'd yet to say "Jesus Christ, Xander/Turk, nice work!" and proceeded to crudely wedge that in here somewhere... regardless of whether it made sense...and that confused just about everything, I'm afraid. :)

Primarily, I was just "hoping aloud" that Willowtree doesn't become known as "that tool all the script-kiddie douchebags use to make overpowered weapons (and other stuff) in order to join your game and take part in various acts of annoying douchebaggery, as douchebags are wont to do...."

There is *SO* much potential for cool, creative "invention" with WT (and KGP+Modio's tool). When teaming up with random people online, I really hope I keep running across gamers who've used WT "creatively" -- so I can see/learn what they came up with, etc.

I hope that's possible, without everything devoling too much into a free-for-all, with every other person who joins your session hell-bent on firing his Night Of One Million Zillion Rockets® Anti-Host Cannon™ at me. :)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ubiquish For This Useful Post:

Registered Sex Offender
    Thanks
    Gamertag
    Ix JADO xI

I've realised that you can have multiple weapons equipped at the same time by changing the third number under the weapon in WillowTree.I'm not entirely sure if it goes into double figures but i have tested upto 9 and that works fine.This got me thinking whether or not you could have more than one shield equipped aswell as the setup is basically the same.

VIP
    Tecumseh, Michigan, United States, 108235592537064, Tecumseh, Michigan
    Thanks
    Gamertag
    MowMdown

Quote Originally Posted by Neith View Post
    You mean the ones like:

I forget what the first and third do but the middle is weapon level. To change a weapon to level 48 you change the second number to five.
    Yes those numbers...

AIM: MowMdown360

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information