Outdated Skyrim Save?
welcome to Game-Tuts.com - Register
Register for free to remove these ads!
    Thanks

Default Outdated Skyrim Save?

Hey guys! I'm trying to mod a save file for a 360 Skyrim character. I've already got the process down... I started a new game, saved as soon as I could on a flash drive, then transferred the flash drive to my computer. I found a save with the built-in gamesave downloader on Modio. I opened the save from my flash drive, then replaced the .dat file and saved it back to the flash drive. I tried rehashing/resigning, and have triple checked all the addresses to make sure they are the same.

The problem is that when I plug the MU back into my 360 and try to load the save, I can see the save in the menu but I get an error message saying the save is outdated. The message says the save is version 0, and the current version is 9. I have all the DLC for Skyrim on my 360, if that makes any difference...

Am I doing something wrong, or did I just download a bad save? Sorry if this has been asked before... I searched the forums before posting, but didn't find anything.

EDIT: So I did some more digging, and found some other people with the same problem. I tried removing the title screen patch and all the DLC, but that didn't help. It did make the error message change though - The game version dropped from 9 to 7 after I removed all the patches and DLC. I also tried clearing my 360's cache, but that didn't help at all.
    Last edited by Sepperoth0; 01-19-2013 at 02:14 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sepperoth0 For This Useful Post:

ginngenn (02-12-2014)

Admin

Thanks

Default Re: Outdated Skyrim Save?

Clear your system cache?
    All questions and comments should be posted in the forums!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NoVa Gamester For This Useful Post:

ginngenn (02-12-2014)

Formely PuRpLeIzLeGiT x

Thanks
    Gamertag
    I'm Banned :(

if you want you could tell me what save, or upload the save to mediafire and i will update it for you.
    Need Your Drive Flashed? Click Here [UK] Service

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AshleysModShop For This Useful Post:

ginngenn (02-12-2014), simple_vagabond (05-06-2014)

Advanced Member

Thanks
    Gamertag
    MUFFxOxMANIAC

Quote Originally Posted by Sepperoth0 View Post
    Hey guys! I'm trying to mod a save file for a 360 Skyrim character. I've already got the process down... I started a new game, saved as soon as I could on a flash drive, then transferred the flash drive to my computer. I found a save with the built-in gamesave downloader on Modio. I opened the save from my flash drive, then replaced the .dat file and saved it back to the flash drive. I tried rehashing/resigning, and have triple checked all the addresses to make sure they are the same.

The problem is that when I plug the MU back into my 360 and try to load the save, I can see the save in the menu but I get an error message saying the save is outdated. The message says the save is version 0, and the current version is 9. I have all the DLC for Skyrim on my 360, if that makes any difference...

Am I doing something wrong, or did I just download a bad save? Sorry if this has been asked before... I searched the forums before posting, but didn't find anything.

EDIT: So I did some more digging, and found some other people with the same problem. I tried removing the title screen patch and all the DLC, but that didn't help. It did make the error message change though - The game version dropped from 9 to 7 after I removed all the patches and DLC. I also tried clearing my 360's cache, but that didn't help at all.
    The problem is that the modio built-in gamesave downloader was offline(sorry if that's wrong but I was told this by a few members on the site that the uploader was nonfunctional while the new modio was being built) for so long that none of the saves on there are made with the title updates necessary to play the DLC etc. Try deleting all of your Skyrim data on the xbox not just clearing your cache, then restarting WITHOUT updating the game and see if that works, once the save loads and you re-save, you should be good to update again. Whatever title update the save was made with, you need to have the same TU on the xbox for the save to function properly. Honestly though, most of the Skyrim saves on the modio downloader are from when the game first came out, so especially if you have all of the DLC, just pull a better save from the forums here, there are many great ones with independent cells and custom player homes, ones with invincible characters, I posted some with werewolf followers and all of the dawnguard, hearthfire and dragonborn items in chests... most of the stuff I've seen still hanging in the downloader are just "cheat saves" with god mode, level 255, all perks, skills at 100-1000, etc. Trust me when I say there are ALOT better and more creative saves on this forum. And of course worst case you could upload the save to this thread and Purpleizlegit has already said he would update it for you.... or you could just post what you are looking for in a save and I can just make it for you..... you could also start a new save on your xbox and upload it and request that save to be modded, I would recommend after the CC so you have a character that looks exactly how you want, plus there are just limitation to what we can do to the pre-cc saves using console script alone.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bsaurer For This Useful Post:

AshleysModShop (01-21-2013), ginngenn (02-12-2014), Jamesz (07-07-2013), NoVa Gamester (01-21-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PuRpLeIzLeGiT x View Post
    if you want you could tell me what save, or upload the save to mediafire and i will update it for you.
    can Y help me I got same F@#.. problemm..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Peacedeliverer For This Useful Post:

ginngenn (02-12-2014)

Thanks

Hey Purplelzegit x can you update one of my saves for me bud? My xbox is making me want to strap it to a nuclear firework and sent it straight to microsoft's xbox team lol. Anyways I'm having the version issue and i purchased the legendary edition of skyrim and it'll be bound to steam of course. But As far as I know there isn't anyway to Downgrade a version of Skyrim. And yet I have my xbox one fully updated and it still gives me the error ""The savegame could not be loaded because it is outdated. It is version 0 and the current version is 9" Where the fruitloops do I find which version Skyrim is on Steam?. OR is the legendary edition different somehow. (xbox version I only have the original without DLC, but the Legendary is bundle with All of them).

Is there any easy fixes; one stated here is that it won't let me reload a game if I remove all the updates. It states my version is to new to load from an old version since it was saved while playing the newer version. I've hit the troubleshooting jackpot!! Booya.

Thanks,

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dredghill1 For This Useful Post:

ginngenn (02-12-2014)

Donator

Thanks

yep if you use modio the *replace* option doesnt work properly the best way to do it with skyrim (the way i do it)
    transfer your .dat file to ur skyrim saves then change it to Savegame.ess and then mod the hell out of it
    then save game, then change it back to Savegame.dat
    then go back to modio Delete the .dat file out of the game save and then put the new .dat file in there
    then click rehash/resign and done ;)

Aishiiteru , Gamerchick For Life ,

14. The Following User Says Thank You to aishiiteru For This Useful Post:

ginngenn (02-12-2014)

Thanks

I grabbed a few saves off my 360 (which I no longer own a copy of Skyrim to update) and my copy of Skyrim is already patched. Is there anyone out there that could fix my saves for me?? please?! https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwD2...it?usp=sharing

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ROFLance For This Useful Post:

ginngenn (02-12-2014)

Thanks

Hi, I seem to be having the same issue, Please can someone give me more detail on how to do this, also says "version 0 ...", I have never modded before... I have not done any updates on Skyrim.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ShanePenn For This Useful Post:

ginngenn (02-12-2014)

Thanks

I would like to add this is a Modio bug. I saved game savegame.dat file to hard drive then recopied it back to Modio. The savegame.dat was never touched by Skyrim PC. So this modio is saving the game incorrectly.

Thread Information