New modder, Need help! fallout new vegas! modio item ID's list is incomplete!!
welcome to Game-Tuts.com - Register
Register for free to remove these ads!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default New modder, Need help! fallout new vegas! modio item ID's list is incomplete!!

i downloaded a game save from modio and put it on to my USB and i think it has done something to my USB. whenever i plug my USB in to my computer it says that the USB is full even tho i have deleted all content and formated the USB multiple times! Now i am unable to mod any of my other saves of fallout new vegas because modio dose not read my saved games properly (when i try to change item ID's, modio says i have no weapons or armour and shows only a small amount of the ammo, keys and other misc items that i know my save has). i am a begginer at modding and have only tried to mod fallout new vegas with little success! i am in need of an exprienced modder than that identify my problem and tell me how to fix my problems or tell me ive been going wrong somewhere. Many thanks to anyone prepared to help!!

VIP
    Thanks

Default Re: New modder, Need help! fallout new vegas! modio item ID's list is incomplete!!

Hi Kshannon91 any luck with the prodlems???.regards daringmerlin.

Thanks

Default Re: New modder, Need help! fallout new vegas! modio item ID's list is incomplete!!

No progess yet! ive sorted out the problem with the memory card (my fault, not from downloading some one elses game save) but im still having issues with my item list when i load up my own game save. Have you seen or heard of a problem like this before? Also, is there a way add a new item to my list of item ID's? It seems like i can only change existing items into new items by changing the item ID! how do i add a new item ID without losing any items i already have? I think i have tried everything to solve these problems and have now hit a wall! Any help from anyone with this issue would be much appricated!

VIP
    Thanks

Are you using FNVe 4.1 to mod with???

VIP
    Thanks

when using FNVe for xbox game modding you overwrite existing inventory items ids with the ids of the items you want to put in.

Thanks

Yes I'm using FNVe that I downloaded from a link on this website. I seem to have fixed theproblem by deleting all fallout game saves off my USB and computer and uninstalling modio. When I downloaded modio for the second time and started the process from scratch the problem seemed to be gone! I have now modded fallout using modio and FNVe without and problems. I must say thank you for actually replying to my post, daringmerlin. Despite sending many private messages asking for minor assistance, and the fact that my post has had many MANY views but only ONE reply! I'm am starting to think that maybe this website is not as helpful as it seems and as helpful as all the VIP members and "staff" make it out to be! In future, if I need any help, I will be sure to take my questions elsewhere instead of wasting my time typing on this website! Very disappointed! So thank you, daringmerlin, for being the only person to find 30 seconds of your time to atleast ask me about my issue, despite many others reading my post! Much appreciated

VIP
    Thanks

Hi KShannon91 im glad you've found a remedy to your problem,i too have experienced missing inventory items and my way round it is to mod whats showing rehash,resign,load and see what effect it has on the game then re-mod the save and so far the missing items have then appeard.You can pm me anytime if you get stuck and if i can shed some light i'll get straight back to you.regards daringmerlin.

Verified Seller
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KShannon91 View Post
    Yes I'm using FNVe that I downloaded from a link on this website. I seem to have fixed theproblem by deleting all fallout game saves off my USB and computer and uninstalling modio. When I downloaded modio for the second time and started the process from scratch the problem seemed to be gone! I have now modded fallout using modio and FNVe without and problems. I must say thank you for actually replying to my post, daringmerlin. Despite sending many private messages asking for minor assistance, and the fact that my post has had many MANY views but only ONE reply! I'm am starting to think that maybe this website is not as helpful as it seems and as helpful as all the VIP members and "staff" make it out to be! In future, if I need any help, I will be sure to take my questions elsewhere instead of wasting my time typing on this website! Very disappointed! So thank you, daringmerlin, for being the only person to find 30 seconds of your time to atleast ask me about my issue, despite many others reading my post! Much appreciated
    Hey, I've read your other comments and i am sorry you've not recieved any support other than 'daringmerlin', But that's just the way things are sometimes. I myself will read many threads or requests for help and will only reply IF i can help. Anyway, in answer to your question regarding swapping ID's without losing the orignal item it's a no.

I'll run you through my ID swapping process, and you can compare it to your method.

1. I'll only start modding the save once i've left Doc Mitchall's House. I've found that editing at this early stage can cause Doc Mitchell's script to stick with him sat on the chair Leaving you either seemingly paralized or unable to proceed any further.

2. Also, uninstall the Old World Blues DLC sometimes after modding a save your player will fall over and not get up. (Just reinstall OWB after you have finished)

3. Ok, after i've left Doc Mitchell's place i head over to the Goodspring Store - There are two dumpsters there, which i use to drop all my items in after i've swapped them over.

3a. I also only use 'cut or unused content' for ID swapping less chance of crashes. (to give you an example - If you change the ID of a common item like a Tin can into a droppable NPC - it changes all Tin cans in the game cell into that item.

4. So, here's how i start. I'll empty all of my items into the dumpster - leaving my character holding/wearing nothing what so ever. Then i make a two saves (one as a back up).

5. Next i load up that save into the Fonv Ve - Once my save has loaded into the VE a click on the Database tab - this open's a separate window.

6. Ok next thing i'll do is i'll swap my 'Pipboy GLOVE' ID to 001300b0 to make it a Vault 24 jumpsuit then i set the quantity of this item to 2. (The Vault 24 jumpsuit is an unused item cut from the main game) so it won't cause any clashes.

7. Next i'll save those changes and reshash/resign with modio and load it up.

8. when loaded, my character should be wearing the Vault 24 - I unequip the suit and drop 1 Vault 24 suit on the floor keeping one suit in my inventory (not equipped). Then i make another save then load that new save back into the VE.

9. OK, now i load up the new save and i'll change the Vault 24 jumpsuit to 00069ee9 if you use the Database search type in All Misc.
    save changes and rehash/resign with modio and load it up.

10. When you load the save you'll see that the Vault 24 suit has now changed into a Blue Mailbox - (it's a Test Item container from Fallout 3) this Test container has around 30 unused items inside - which makes it ideal for ID swapping ( best thing to do is to take all the Items out and put them into one of the dumpsters. Now check your inventory you will have a bunch of Fallout 3 quest items. make a save.

11. Load the new save into the VE and you'll now have lots of items that you can swap ID's with (*any of the Test Items you change will reappear in the Blue Mailbox when you reload the save) - makes things alot quicker and easier when you want to add more items.

Ok that's about it, although there are a few things you'll need to look out for -

Keep a eye on your skills and stats fields - sometimes you'll see number values out of range eg: Sneak will be @ 24778996**** just use the Tab key and Delete those numbers back to 0 (*always check that your characters Size is set to 1) missing this will cause your player to be stuck under floor or it will freeze/crash when you try to reload.

I've always had a problem with increasing my stats via the VE (kind of a 50/50 deal) and most of the time corrupts the save so i just use skill books and max them out in-game.

Here are a few Handy ID's

00069ee7 Armor an Clothing
    * does not add everything - but there are a few items in there like the Enclave Shock Trooper armour from Fallout 3 etc.

00069ee6 Ammo
    * again not all the ammo types just generic ammo - you'll see what i mean.

00069ee8 All Books and Notes
    * Leave all the notes in the Mailbox just grab the Skill Books then edit the quantity to 25 on each (Wasteland survival Skill book is not in this container)

0008f7b9 Weapons
    * And again not all the Weapons in the game but most of the generic one's - there are a few Unique guns in there.

And Google can help you... - Use this link for all ID's in Fonv
    Fallout: New Vegas weapons - The Fallout wiki - Fallout: New Vegas and more

And this one for Cut Content...

Fallout: New Vegas cut content - The Fallout wiki - Fallout: New Vegas and more

Oh almost forgot add this item 0005deee (it will show up in the PIPBOY as MISSING NAME) - It's just a Missile launcher, but with a little extra boom.

Synmuffin's VE 4.1 has no support for the Lonesome Road DLC - I hear there is a newer version of the VE with full support available by subcription only.

Also, now you've joined this site - you'll have access to the download some modded 360 FoNV and Fo3 saves - use the (Search GameTuts) - type in Fallout and browse. Oh, and er.. no digging old threads. Start a new one.

Finally, Welcome to the site and farewell.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Prewar Tech For This Useful Post:

Christopher (03-05-2013), RRmerlin (03-03-2013), Yunzu Agi (08-11-2013)

Suspended

Thanks
    Gamertag
    CULT OF MORBIUS

Quote Originally Posted by Prewar Tech View Post
    Hey, I've read your other comments and i am sorry you've not recieved any support other than 'daringmerlin', But that's just the way things are sometimes. I myself will read many threads or requests for help and will only reply IF i can help. Anyway, in answer to your question regarding swapping ID's without losing the orignal item it's a no.

I'll run you through my ID swapping process, and you can compare it to your method.

1. I'll only start modding the save once i've left Doc Mitchall's House. I've found that editing at this early stage can cause Doc Mitchell's script to stick with him sat on the chair Leaving you either seemingly paralized or unable to proceed any further.

2. Also, uninstall the Old World Blues DLC sometimes after modding a save your player will fall over and not get up. (Just reinstall OWB after you have finished)

3. Ok, after i've left Doc Mitchell's place i head over to the Goodspring Store - There are two dumpsters there, which i use to drop all my items in after i've swapped them over.

3a. I also only use 'cut or unused content' for ID swapping less chance of crashes. (to give you an example - If you change the ID of a common item like a Tin can into a droppable NPC - it changes all Tin cans in the game cell into that item.

4. So, here's how i start. I'll empty all of my items into the dumpster - leaving my character holding/wearing nothing what so ever. Then i make a two saves (one as a back up).

5. Next i load up that save into the Fonv Ve - Once my save has loaded into the VE a click on the Database tab - this open's a separate window.

6. Ok next thing i'll do is i'll swap my 'Pipboy GLOVE' ID to 001300b0 to make it a Vault 24 jumpsuit then i set the quantity of this item to 2. (The Vault 24 jumpsuit is an unused item cut from the main game) so it won't cause any clashes.

7. Next i'll save those changes and reshash/resign with modio and load it up.

8. when loaded, my character should be wearing the Vault 24 - I unequip the suit and drop 1 Vault 24 suit on the floor keeping one suit in my inventory (not equipped). Then i make another save then load that new save back into the VE.

9. OK, now i load up the new save and i'll change the Vault 24 jumpsuit to 00069ee9 if you use the Database search type in All Misc.
    save changes and rehash/resign with modio and load it up.

10. When you load the save you'll see that the Vault 24 suit has now changed into a Blue Mailbox - (it's a Test Item container from Fallout 3) this Test container has around 30 unused items inside - which makes it ideal for ID swapping ( best thing to do is to take all the Items out and put them into one of the dumpsters. Now check your inventory you will have a bunch of Fallout 3 quest items. make a save.

11. Load the new save into the VE and you'll now have lots of items that you can swap ID's with (*any of the Test Items you change will reappear in the Blue Mailbox when you reload the save) - makes things alot quicker and easier when you want to add more items.

Ok that's about it, although there are a few things you'll need to look out for -

Keep a eye on your skills and stats fields - sometimes you'll see number values out of range eg: Sneak will be @ 24778996**** just use the Tab key and Delete those numbers back to 0 (*always check that your characters Size is set to 1) missing this will cause your player to be stuck under floor or it will freeze/crash when you try to reload.

I've always had a problem with increasing my stats via the VE (kind of a 50/50 deal) and most of the time corrupts the save so i just use skill books and max them out in-game.

Here are a few Handy ID's

00069ee7 Armor an Clothing
    * does not add everything - but there are a few items in there like the Enclave Shock Trooper armour from Fallout 3 etc.

00069ee6 Ammo
    * again not all the ammo types just generic ammo - you'll see what i mean.

00069ee8 All Books and Notes
    * Leave all the notes in the Mailbox just grab the Skill Books then edit the quantity to 25 on each (Wasteland survival Skill book is not in this container)

0008f7b9 Weapons
    * And again not all the Weapons in the game but most of the generic one's - there are a few Unique guns in there.

And Google can help you... - Use this link for all ID's in Fonv
    Fallout: New Vegas weapons - The Fallout wiki - Fallout: New Vegas and more

And this one for Cut Content...

Fallout: New Vegas cut content - The Fallout wiki - Fallout: New Vegas and more

Oh almost forgot add this item 0005deee (it will show up in the PIPBOY as MISSING NAME) - It's just a Missile launcher, but with a little extra boom.

Synmuffin's VE 4.1 has no support for the Lonesome Road DLC - I hear there is a newer version of the VE with full support available by subcription only.

Also, now you've joined this site - you'll have access to the download some modded 360 FoNV and Fo3 saves - use the (Search GameTuts) - type in Fallout and browse. Oh, and er.. no digging old threads. Start a new one.

Finally, Welcome to the site and farewell.
    Holy shit. You need to post more often. Long ass helpful post.

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Thanks
    Gamertag
    X12eece

Quote Originally Posted by Prewar Tech View Post
    That's false, muffin hasn't updated it because its a big hassle after every DLC. Any site/person saying otherwise is trying to scam you.
    ㅤ░▓░ㅤㅤㅤㅤ▒▓██▓▓▓▓▓░ㅤㅤㅤ░░ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ░▒▓██▓▓▓▓▒
    ㅤ█▓ㅤㅤㅤ▒█▓█▒▒█▒ㅤ░▒█▓ㅤㅤ▓█░ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ▓▓█▓░▓▓ㅤㅤ██▓
    ▒█░ㅤㅤㅤ░░░█▒ㅤ█▒ㅤㅤㅤ░░ㅤ░▓█░ㅤㅤㅤㅤ░░░▓▓ㅤ▓▒ㅤㅤ▒█░
    █▒ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ░▒▓▒ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ▒▓██▒ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ▓▓░ㅤㅤㅤ░█▒
    ▓░ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ▒█▓ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ▒█░
    ▓░ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ░█▓ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ░▓▒
    █▒ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ▒▓░ㅤㅤ▓█▒ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ▓▓
    █▒ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ░██▓▓█▓░ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ░█▒
    ▒█░ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ▒█ㅤㅤ░░ㅤㅤㅤ░█▒ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ█▓
    ㅤ█▓ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ░███▓▓▓▓████░ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ░█▓
    ㅤ░▒ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ░░▒▒▒▒░ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ▒
    My Tutorials: