Rehash and resign
welcome to Game-Tuts.com - Register
Register for free to remove these ads!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Rehash and resign

Right im new here so please be patient!

Firstly i have had trouble with Modio 5.01( Edit: Just updated to 5.02 but still the same problems), as it will not recongise my usb inserted and i tried another usb and still the same outcome. I have ran modio on administrator and all the other suggestions too. So i used Party Buffalo instead. I have got the saved with my Profile ID as i transfered the Xbox Profile from my Desktop ( i used Party Buffalo) to Modio. However i now wish to rehash and resign but i cant as Modio doesnt recongise that i have a USB inserted. I tried using Horizon but that cam eup with an error. The modded game save is just a normal file of 650.75kb.

So how would i rehash and resign this gamesave and save it on the usb to transfer it back to the Xbox 360 to play.

I would really appreciate any answers but try and be clear as im a noob!

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by eddie2012; 03-22-2013 at 07:08 PM.

Thanks

Default Re: Rehash and resign

Make sure your Firewall/Anti-virus isn't blocking any permissions for Modio, that's probably why it won't show up. And if it does, Re-Format it by Wiping it, then putting it on your Xbox. It will ask you.

Rehash and resigning is now done automatically by the Modio client, so you don't need to.

Thanks

I checked and my Firewall/Anti-virus isn't blocking any permissions for Modio. So how do i change the gamesave from a normal file?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eddie2012 View Post
    I checked and my Firewall/Anti-virus isn't blocking any permissions for Modio. So how do i change the gamesave from a normal file?
    If you mean downloading an replacing your gamesave, search for the game you're trying to mod your gamesave for, and replace your current save with the modded one. It'll tell you when it's finished downloading and ask you where you want it.

To find the folder it's saved in;

Open a Save, go to Advanced, Look At "File:" at the end there is a "Show" Button, Click it and it'll open the directory of the save.

Thus being the Users Temp Folder.

For Metal Gear Rising: C:\Users\Kezonz\AppData\Local\Temp\modio\saves\E00 00325D86370EA\4B4E080A\SaveData
    If you want help over teamviewer, PM me your details.

Thanks

I meant my gamesave that is modded is just a standard file rather than a console signed package or savegame etc... Doesnt this mean when i go on my xbox the file is corrupted as that is what it's saying. I am supposed to change the Device ID from my normal save to the modded one or should i leave it as "0000000000000000000000000000000000000000"? Thanks again.

Thanks

If your file is corrupt, there's nothing you or anyone else can do.

You'll have to re-create the save altogether. When you do this, don't change the name at all.

Thanks

okay but do i change the modded game save's device ID to my normal gamesave device ID?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eddie2012 View Post
    okay but do i change the modded game save's device ID to my normal gamesave device ID?
    Yeah, you'll need to do that since you're not choosing to put it directly to a save. Just Open it, find your ID's then replace them.

Thanks

I tried this and then used Party Buffalo to put them on the usb. I put that on the xbox 360 and the files are NOT currupted anymore but dont work and i tried several different mods. Should i be choosing my profile ID as my gamertag or choose the "save"? I swapped the Profile ID from the normal save to the modded saveand i swapped the device id from the normal save to the modded one. I dragged the file to Party Buffalo and then used the file which is now not a normal file thankfully.

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks

You need to be a little clearer in your posts, because I'm not exactly sure what you have/haven't done

To start, that save that you're saying is on and off again corrupt, just get rid of it. There's no way to fix it, and Party Bufallo is only telling you that it isn't because it reads it differently and such. So, just start with a fresh save.

Your profile ID MUST be the same as your original save that you used, straight from your Xbox account. To get that, just 'Open a Save' and copy+paste those into your new, fresh downloaded save.

Once again, if you don't know how to find the save you downloaded;
    Open a Save, go to Advanced, Look At "File:" at the end there is a "Show" Button, Click it and it'll open the directory of the save.

Thus being the Users Temp Folder.

For Metal Gear Rising: C:\Users\Kezonz\AppData\Local\Temp\modio\saves\E00 00325D86370EA\4B4E080A\SaveData
    When you're done, check on the modded save that the ID's are the same as your old ones. That way it shows up

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamesz For This Useful Post:

coolkidjeremy (01-03-2014)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information