Help with Fallout NV VE (My character keeps falling over when I load the game)
welcome to Game-Tuts.com - Register
Register for free to remove these ads!
    VIP
    Thanks

Default Help with Fallout NV VE (My character keeps falling over when I load the game)

I've been using zeropairs Fallout NV VE and Fallout 3VE for a long time. However, I started a new game on New Vegas today and after editing my gamesave and loading my game, my character just falls over and I can't move him or go to my inventory screen. The game prompts me and tells me I'm overencumbered. I don't understand what the problem is. I've edited my inventory, skills, attributes, health and weight many times and have never had this problem. If anyone could help me solve this issue, I'd be grateful. Thanks.

Note: By the way, my gamesave is in Good Springs right after leaving the doc's house.

Kapitšn

Thanks

Default Re: Help with Fallout NV VE (My character keeps falling over when I load the game)

I suggest using the new FalloutNV VE: 4.1
    BUZZFORUMS

VIP
    Thanks

Default Re: Help with Fallout NV VE (My character keeps falling over when I load the game)

Sorry about the confusion, I am currently using Fallout NV VE 4.1 and I'm still having this problem. I wonder if it had anything to do with the live update today or the last title update for fallout new vegas.

Kapitšn

Thanks

No, none of the TUs have affected Fallout modding.
    BUZZFORUMS

The Punisher
    Thanks
    Gamertag
    el3m3nt0f1

It happens if you have any new dlc or updates on. Just put them on a memcard , take it out, start a new game, the you can replug the dlc onto your xbox.

Hate you Revoke for "supposedly" getting me VIP...
    Love you PedoBear for getting me VIP :):D
    Spoiler:

Funny Quotes
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Everything is bigger in Hex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal DMz View Post
    This is a theory, however I do believe that Ultra Mega Chicken is but legend. It may just allow you the ability to play as Master Chief in Fallout New Vegas while wielding a light saber...

Pm me for Covenant Banshee Codes.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cotonball For This Useful Post:

wolfgangxx (04-17-2012)

VIP
    Thanks

Thanks cottonball, you were absolutely right. After some digging around on the internet and some experimenting with my gamesaves (lol), I've been able to successfully mod my game save. Turns out that zeropair hasn't updated the fallout NV VE to completely work with some of the new dlc, namely Old World Blues (OWB) and Courier's stash (CS). The easiest way to get around this is to put OWB, CS, Lonesome Road and Gun Runner's Arsenal onto a usb drive and then create a game save without those dlc's loaded. I believe (but am not entirely sure) that you can mod your experience points, attributes, skills and inventory without having to remove your dlc. However, you CANNOT mod your health, weight, DT, DR, etc. without first removing your dlc and creating a save without them loaded. If you do try to mod your health (etc.) without doing this, all you will succeed in doing is seeing your character fall flat on his/her face and not be able to move them.

So to recap:

1) Remove Old World Blues, Lonesome Road, Couriers Stash, and Gun Runner's Arsenal (delete, move to usb, etc.)
    2) Start (new) game and save
    3) Mod to your hearts desire (make sure you do any health, weight, DT, DR, etc. mods on this step)
    3.5) Remember you can always go back later to mod your inventory
    4) Put save back on xbox (DO NOT put DLC back on yet)
    5) Load up your Fallout NV game save and once loaded save your game
    6) Put your dlc back on your xbox (re-download, move back from usb, etc.)
    7) Load up Fallout NV and enjoy!

Note: Zeropair is working on a update (fallout nv ve 5.0), however this update will not be free. You can find out more about this here: FalloutVE 5 - SaveLab

Thanks to everyone for their help and insight. I hope this helps anyone else who is having the same problem.
    Last edited by TheSentinal; 10-11-2011 at 11:07 PM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheSentinal For This Useful Post:

Comitatus47 (10-30-2013), dethreaper420 (12-23-2012), ninjagamez (04-28-2013)

Thanks

Holy....thank you man...so much....I have been having this same problem and now i have the solution...THANK YOU.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dethreaper420 For This Useful Post:

ninjagamez (04-28-2013)

Basic Member
    Thanks
    Gamertag
    massive tempah

thanks for the advice, thought i was messing up :/

any news on v5 as the link is dead for me

Thread Information